Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- (-) Remove Adult Education filter Adult Education
- (-) Remove Advising filter Advising
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- (-) Remove Continuing Education filter Continuing Education
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- (-) Remove Nursing filter Nursing
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- (-) Remove Registration filter Registration
- (-) Remove SBDC filter SBDC
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- (-) Remove Student Financial Services filter Student Financial Services
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
Where is the Adult Education center located?
FAQ Answer: 115 King Avenue, Dyersburg, TN 38024 (next to The Laundry Basket).
Can I still play athletics if I have attended another college?
FAQ Answer: Yes, if you get a transfer waiver or a release and you meet all the NJCAA rules.
Where can I can get help if I am failing a class.
FAQ Answer: Yes, tutoring is available at the Dyersburg Campus and at the Jimmy Naifeh Center in Tipton County through the Tutoring Center.
Is tutoring available at the Jimmy Naifeh Center in Covington?
FAQ Answer: Yes, tutoring is available at the Jimmy Naifeh Center. The Tutoring Center is located in Room 157 at the Jimmy Naifeh Building. For information
Do I get any free print copies?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Each student will be issued 450 free print copies each semester. Any unused Fall or Spring term copies will roll over to be added to the next term totals.
I did not receive a requested transcript. Who do I talk to?
FAQ Answer: If the transcript is for your personal use, you can print an unofficial copy by logging into MyDSCC and selecting Self Service Banner. If you have requested a transcript to be sent to another institution and the institution has not received it, please call the One Stop at 731-286-3350.
Can I take a class without receiving credit?
FAQ Answer: Yes , students wishing to audit a class may do so on a space available basis. An application for admission is required and fees are the same as for a credit class. Students may also change from credit to audit by the published deadline in the course schedule. Students under the age of 17 cannot audit a course without the permission of the academic dean offering the desired course.
How much does it cost to take the GED?
FAQ Answer: $65.00.
How much do adult education classes cost?
FAQ Answer: Adult education classes are free.
How old must a student be to attend Adult Education classes?
FAQ Answer: 18