Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- (-) Remove Adult Education filter Adult Education
- (-) Remove Advising filter Advising
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- (-) Remove Continuing Education filter Continuing Education
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- (-) Remove Nursing filter Nursing
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- (-) Remove SBDC filter SBDC
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
I am not certain what I want to major in. Is there anyone I can talk to about career planning?
FAQ Answer: Yes! See your academic advisor , academic dean or school counselor or contact the Student Success Center. All are experienced in career planning.
I completed a diploma program at a Tennessee Technology Center. Can I receive credit towards a two-year degree for this work?
FAQ Answer: Dyersburg State Community College does have Articulation Agreements with the Tennessee Technology Centers in certain technology areas. First , you must contact the technology center that you attended and ask the TTC director to certify in writing your work and give you direction on what else needs to be done. If your diploma is in one of the articulated areas and it meets the guidelines specified in the Articulation Agreement , then follow the guidelines regarding college credit requirements and the specified time-frame.
How do I change my major or concentration?
FAQ Answer: Talk with your academic advisor or go to the One-Stop Center located in the Student Center.
I cannot take off work to come see an advisor: could you fix my PIN or register me on the phone?
FAQ Answer: All degree-seeking students must meet with an advisor before attempting to register. Perhaps you can phone or email your advisor to set up a time that fits your schedule.
Why didn't my instructor verify my class attendance?
FAQ Answer: Some instructors require more than class attendance before they verify class attendance (such as an introduction statement to the class or a course syllabus assessment that does not count in the final grade). If you have performed all that was required for class verification , then there has been an oversight. Please contact your instructor for correction.
I do not think I should be in this developmental course: who can I talk to?
FAQ Answer: You may discuss this with your academic advisor , the dean of Arts and Sciences or the Developmental Studies Coordinator.
Can I test out of a class?
FAQ Answer: Yes! A number of courses have a test out option. Your advisor and or academic dean in which the course is located can assist you in this process as to your responsibilities related to testing out of a class.
Where do I register my vehicle?
FAQ Answer: Students register their vehicles in the LRC. You must have your vehicle license number in order to register a vehicles. Students who need a temporary parking pass , please see Angie Cole in room 122 in the Student Center.
Do professionals teach the Continuing Education classes?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Though our instructors come from all walks of life , they are all experts in their fields.
Do you offer scholarships for parents who can't afford to pay for their children to participate in a Continuing Education children's program?
FAQ Answer: Yes , we do offer scholarships to all parents who cannot afford to pay the course fee for their children to attend the children's programs. Parents are asked to contact Mandy Fisher at 731.286.3265 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.