Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- (-) Remove Adult Education filter Adult Education
- (-) Remove Advising filter Advising
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Business Office (22) Apply Business Office filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- (-) Remove Information filter Information
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- (-) Remove Nursing filter Nursing
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- (-) Remove SBDC filter SBDC
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
Where do I go to get my parking decal?
FAQ Answer: Student parking decals are available at the Learning Resource Center. Please bring your ID and vehicle license plate number. Payment for a parking decal is made along with your student fees. No money is collected at the LRC.
Where do I go to get my student ID card? What do I need it for?
FAQ Answer: Student ID cards are made at the Learning Resource Center. Please bring some form of photo ID. Payment for the ID cards is made along with your student fees. No money is collected at the LRC. If an ID is lost , there is a $5.00 fee for a replacement card. A student ID is needed for general identification , checking out books from the LRC , selling back books to the bookstore and picking up a financial aid check.
When does the bookstore buy back books?
FAQ Answer: The best time to sell your textbooks is during finals: however as a service , we buyback textbooks throughout the year. Limited days are also available at the Jimmy Naifeh Center in Tipton county and the Gibson County center. Please contact the bookstore at 731.286.3241 or go to the bookstore website at www.dsccbooks.com/dyersburg.
Where can I get information about housing in Dyersburg?
FAQ Answer: A good source is the Dyersburg - Dyer County Chamber of Commerce Web site at www.ddcc.dyercountychamber.com. From this site , you can print out a brochure about apartment rentals.
I have recently been laid off from my job: do I qualify for WIA?
FAQ Answer: Please contact the WIA office at 731.286.3585.
It is raining/storming/snowing right now by me. How do I know if classes have been cancelled?
FAQ Answer: Check the DSCC website at www.dscc.edu for class cancellations due to weather.
Is health insurance available?
FAQ Answer: Yes , student health insurance is available through an independent company. Students interested in receiving information should contact the Office of Student Services on the Dyersburg Campus or the front desk at the Gibson County Center in Trenton or the Jimmy Naifeh Center at Tipton County.
What if I miss class due to illness?
FAQ Answer: Please see the College Catalog and Student Handbook for the policy on class attendance. Also, your instructor may have special instructions for missing classes. This information is probably listed in your course syllabus.
What is your average age student?
FAQ Answer: Our average age student is 26. This age is the average for the past year. Although the average age fluctuates, it generally remains between 26 and 28.
What is the difference between an A.S. Degree University Parallel Major and an A.A.S. Degree Major?
FAQ Answer: The Associate of Science (AS) Degree is designed to meet a proposed baccalaureate major for the student who plans to transfer to a four-year college or university. The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degree is constructed around majors and concentrations to provide students with the training needed to obtain a responsible position in their chosen fields of interest.