Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- (-) Remove Adult Education filter Adult Education
- (-) Remove Advising filter Advising
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Business Office (22) Apply Business Office filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- (-) Remove Information filter Information
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- (-) Remove Nursing filter Nursing
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- (-) Remove SBDC filter SBDC
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
What is the minimal score you can make on the TEAS to get into the program?
FAQ Answer: DSCC does not have a pass or fail score for the TEAS. However, the higher the score, the more points you accumulate toward your total points for admission.
How often is the LPN-RN Fast Track Program offered?
FAQ Answer: The LPN-RN Fast Track program is offered yearly with classes beginning in May. It is a one year program that will complete in May of the following year. The campus location is Dyersburg. To get the most recent information regarding this program, you may access information on the DSCC website at www.dscc.edu under Programs.
How can I transfer to the DSCC Nursing program if I am already attending another nursing program elsewhere?
FAQ Answer: Submit a written request for transfer along with a letter of recommendation from the director of the previous nursing program verifying your good standing to the Nursing Admission and Retention Committee. Submit all official transcripts and appropriate course descriptions from the previous school of nursing. Nursing courses will be evaluated on an individual basis. Transfer admission is based upon space availability. You must also meet the same requirements as students seeking readmission. See the "Readmission and Transfer into the Nursing Program" section in the college catalog.
Who do I speak with about Dual-Enrollment?
FAQ Answer: Contact your high school guidance counselor or DSCC's Assistant Director of Recruitment at 901-475-3132.
What if I lose something on campus?
- Glover Room 259 (English Suite)
- Gym- Office 137 (Laurie Jones office)
- Student Center- One Stop
- CAB –Teresa Adams
- Eller- Front desk
- LRC- Front desk
- Math – Administrative Assistant (Stacie Purvis)
- Security Bank – Continuing Ed
GCC: – Front desk
- Naifeh Building – Front desk
- Baptist Memorial Healthcare Academic Building – Front Desk
- SC/LRC – LRC Circulation Desk
What is the last day to apply for the upcoming semester?
FAQ Answer: The deadline to apply for admission is found in the academic calendar; however, you are strongly encouraged to apply early so that you will have the best selection of classes. International applicants should contact the Office of Admissions at 731-286-3350.