Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- (-) Remove Adult Education filter Adult Education
- (-) Remove Advising filter Advising
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- (-) Remove Nursing filter Nursing
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
What does the Nursing Program require upon admission to the program?
Upon acceptance into the program, orientation information will be mailed to you with your acceptance letter. At the orientation, nursing faculty will review everything that is required. A few of the requirements are immunizations, CPR certification, background checks and random drug screens. Detailed information will be discussed during new nursing student orientation.
What can I do to better my chances of getting into the nursing program?
The best advice is to do well in all of your classes. Your GPA is calculated based on the nursing general education core curriculum only. It is a competitive program and the better grades that you have, the better your chance at being accepted.
How do I access the nursing packets on-line?
FAQ Answer: Go to www.DSCC.edu and choose “Programs” from the headings at the top of the page. There will be links to the nursing programs under the Health Science section.
Which nursing admission exam do I take? Traditional RN or Fast Track Nursing Program?
FAQ Answer: The Division for Nursing requires the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) at the admissions exam for all three nursing tracks. The TEAS must be taken at DSCC and the score is good for three (3) years.
What is the minimal score you can make on the TEAS to get into the program?
FAQ Answer: DSCC does not have a pass or fail score for the TEAS. However, the higher the score, the more points you accumulate toward your total points for admission.
How often is the LPN-RN Fast Track Program offered?
FAQ Answer: The LPN-RN Fast Track program is offered yearly with classes beginning in May. It is a one year program that will complete in May of the following year. The campus location is Dyersburg. To get the most recent information regarding this program, you may access information on the DSCC website at www.dscc.edu under Programs.
How can I transfer to the DSCC Nursing program if I am already attending another nursing program elsewhere?
FAQ Answer: Submit a written request for transfer along with a letter of recommendation from the director of the previous nursing program verifying your good standing to the Nursing Admission and Retention Committee. Submit all official transcripts and appropriate course descriptions from the previous school of nursing. Nursing courses will be evaluated on an individual basis. Transfer admission is based upon space availability. You must also meet the same requirements as students seeking readmission. See the "Readmission and Transfer into the Nursing Program" section in the college catalog.