Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- (-) Remove Online Courses filter Online Courses
- (-) Remove Registration filter Registration
- (-) Remove SBDC filter SBDC
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- (-) Remove Testing filter Testing
Where is the Practice test given?
FAQ Answer: The practice test is administered at the Dyer County Literacy Program located in the Dyer County Adult Education Center at 115 King Ave., Dyersburg, TN 38024.
If I scored 410 on all of my tests, why did I not pass?
FAQ Answer: The average for all five subject area tests must be 450.
I did not receive a requested transcript. Who do I talk to?
FAQ Answer: If the transcript is for your personal use, you can print an unofficial copy by logging into MyDSCC and selecting Self Service Banner. If you have requested a transcript to be sent to another institution and the institution has not received it, please call the One Stop at 731-286-3350.
Can I take a class without receiving credit?
FAQ Answer: Yes , students wishing to audit a class may do so on a space available basis. An application for admission is required and fees are the same as for a credit class. Students may also change from credit to audit by the published deadline in the course schedule. Students under the age of 17 cannot audit a course without the permission of the academic dean offering the desired course.
What is MyDSCC?
FAQ Answer: MyDSCC is the student's gateway to online student services including registration for classes , fee payments , grades , class schedules , and much more. The system is available 24 hours a day , 7 days a week. Log on to www.dscc.edu and click the red MyDSCC button.
How do I log into MyDSCC account?
FAQ Answer: When you apply for admission , a letter containing your log in information will be mailed from the Office of Records to you. You need to safeguard this letter. To access MyDSCC , go to www.dscc.edu and click the large red My DSCC button. Once you log into MyDSCC , you can change your password but not your User name. Be sure to remember any changes you make.
What is my User ID and Password?
FAQ Answer: Your User ID and password were mailed to you after you applied for admission. If you have forgotten your User ID or password , please contact the help desk at 731 288 7780.
Do students get the same information and content in an Internet course as they would in an on-campus course?
FAQ Answer: The education you receive from an online class is the same: however, due to the nature of online learning you may experience the course in a format that best transmits the learning experience through online media.
Why do my email messages and discussion posts disappear once I read them?
FAQ Answer: To show previously read email or discussion postings, select "All" next to display.
Is there an orientation for online courses?
FAQ Answer: Orientation tutorial videos are provided by the DSCC Help Desk. A link to the videos can be found in the How to Get Started section of the DSCC eLearn course homepage, on the Help Desk webpage, or by going directly to the Tutorials page at www.dscc.edu/tutorials. If you need further assistance, please contact the DSCC Help Desk at 731-288-7780 Dyersburg Campus or 901-475-3177 Jimmy Naifeh Center or 731-222-5180 Gibson County Center. You may also contact the Help Desk by e-mail at email@example.com.