Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- (-) Remove Financial Aid filter Financial Aid
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- (-) Remove Internal Audit filter Internal Audit
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- (-) Remove Nursing filter Nursing
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- (-) Remove Registration filter Registration
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
I did not receive a requested transcript. Who do I talk to?
FAQ Answer: If the transcript is for your personal use, you can print an unofficial copy by logging into MyDSCC and selecting Self Service Banner. If you have requested a transcript to be sent to another institution and the institution has not received it, please call the One Stop at 731-286-3350.
Can I take a class without receiving credit?
FAQ Answer: Yes , students wishing to audit a class may do so on a space available basis. An application for admission is required and fees are the same as for a credit class. Students may also change from credit to audit by the published deadline in the course schedule. Students under the age of 17 cannot audit a course without the permission of the academic dean offering the desired course.
What is DSCC's Federal School Code?
FAQ Answer: 006835
How do I apply for institutional scholarships?
FAQ Answer: All students who complete the FAFSA and meet admissions requirements are eligible for scholarships. Eligible students are ranked using a formula where financial need is the primary consideration. Those applying by March 1 of the current award year are given first consideration.
Which lender do I choose to obtain a school loan?
FAQ Answer: The lender for the Federal Direct Loan program is the U.S. Department of Education.
Who should I contact if I see a college employee being abusive or wasteful?
FAQ Answer: To report an instance of fraud , waste or abuse , you may contact any DSCC official or supervisor or DSCC Internal Audit at 731.286.3237. You may also call the TBR Audit Hotline at 615.366.4441. You may view the entire DSCC Fraud , Waste and Abuse policy on our website at www.dscc.edu. Click on the Current Students tab , then click the Campus Security Report link on the left-hand side of the page , then click on Fraud , Waste & Abuse under Quick Links.
I'm having trouble with my computer: can you register me if I tell you the course number and give you my information?
FAQ Answer: No , because you need to have access to your information such as holds , financial aid and your fees. Please visit the Learning Resource Centers located at each DSCC center or any other location such as a public library where internet access is available.
How do I find out what classes are being offered this semester?
FAQ Answer: The most current class listing is available online at www.dscc.edu under the Registration section.
How do I register for a class?
FAQ Answer: You may register in the Advising Centers located at the main campus and the Gibson and Tipton County centers. The advising centers are open during the summer and between the fall and spring semesters. When you apply for admission/readmission , you will be assigned an advisor who can help you plan your schedule of classes and talk with you about your educational goals. If you have already applied for admission , contact the Office of Records at 731-286-3350 for your advisor's name and contact information.
I have registered for my classes: what do I do next?
FAQ Answer: If you are paying your fees or if you have received notification of a financial aid award , confirm your enrollment and pay any remaining fees by logging into MyDSCC and selecting Enrollment Confirmation/Payment of Fees.