Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Business Office (22) Apply Business Office filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- (-) Remove Financial Aid filter Financial Aid
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- (-) Remove Online Courses filter Online Courses
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
Can I still play athletics if I have attended another college?
FAQ Answer: Yes, if you get a transfer waiver or a release and you meet all the NJCAA rules.
Where do I register my vehicle?
FAQ Answer: Students register their vehicles in the LRC. You must have your vehicle license number in order to register a vehicles. Students who need a temporary parking pass , please see Angie Cole in room 122 in the Student Center.
What is DSCC's Federal School Code?
FAQ Answer: 006835
How do I apply for institutional scholarships?
FAQ Answer: All students who complete the FAFSA and meet admissions requirements are eligible for scholarships. Eligible students are ranked using a formula where financial need is the primary consideration. Those applying by March 1 of the current award year are given first consideration.
Which lender do I choose to obtain a school loan?
FAQ Answer: The lender for the Federal Direct Loan program is the U.S. Department of Education.
Do students get the same information and content in an Internet course as they would in an on-campus course?
FAQ Answer: The education you receive from an online class is the same: however, due to the nature of online learning you may experience the course in a format that best transmits the learning experience through online media.
Why do my email messages and discussion posts disappear once I read them?
FAQ Answer: To show previously read email or discussion postings, select "All" next to display.
Is there an orientation for online courses?
FAQ Answer: Orientation tutorial videos are provided by the DSCC Help Desk. A link to the videos can be found in the How to Get Started section of the DSCC eLearn course homepage, on the Help Desk webpage, or by going directly to the Tutorials page at www.dscc.edu/tutorials. If you need further assistance, please contact the DSCC Help Desk at 731-288-7780 Dyersburg Campus or 901-475-3177 Jimmy Naifeh Center or 731-222-5180 Gibson County Center. You may also contact the Help Desk by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I don't have equipment needed at home to access an online course?
FAQ Answer: All of Dyersburg State locations have computer labs and resource centers with open lab hours where the courses may be accessed. Of course, to be successful in an online course, you must have reliable access to either a DSCC lab or a computer with Internet access.
What are the computer requirements for online classes?
FAQ Answer: Each online course may have specific requirements, depending on the course. You should check the Course Syllabus to ensure your PC meets the specifications for the course. Generally, however, you should have a computer that has a Windows XP or better operating system, 512MB of RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, and a processor speed of at least 700 Mhz.