Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- (-) Remove Athletics filter Athletics
- (-) Remove Business Office filter Business Office
- (-) Remove Continuing Education filter Continuing Education
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- (-) Remove LRC filter LRC
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- (-) Remove Registration filter Registration
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
Can you set up courses to be delivered on-site at an industry or business?
FAQ Answer: We want to make it as convenient as possible for the employee to attend the courses. In order to do this , we work very closely with the business/industry partners to meet their needs as related to the delivery site.
Who can attend Continuing Education courses?
FAQ Answer: Everyone! From youth to senior citizens , Continuing Education courses cover a full range of ages , interests , and professionals.
What are contract classes?
FAQ Answer: Contract classes are courses developed to meet the needs of an individual industry , business or group. Please contact Mandy Fisher at 731.286.3265 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
I'm having trouble with my computer: can you register me if I tell you the course number and give you my information?
FAQ Answer: No , because you need to have access to your information such as holds , financial aid and your fees. Please visit the Learning Resource Centers located at each DSCC center or any other location such as a public library where internet access is available.
How do I find out what classes are being offered this semester?
FAQ Answer: The most current class listing is available online at www.dscc.edu under the Registration section.
How do I register for a class?
FAQ Answer: You may register in the Advising Centers located at the main campus and the Gibson and Tipton County centers. The advising centers are open during the summer and between the fall and spring semesters. When you apply for admission/readmission , you will be assigned an advisor who can help you plan your schedule of classes and talk with you about your educational goals. If you have already applied for admission , contact the Office of Records at 731-286-3350 for your advisor's name and contact information.
I have registered for my classes: what do I do next?
FAQ Answer: If you are paying your fees or if you have received notification of a financial aid award , confirm your enrollment and pay any remaining fees by logging into MyDSCC and selecting Enrollment Confirmation/Payment of Fees.
How do I drop a class?
FAQ Answer: Classes can be dropped online until the deadline for withdrawing for the term at www.dscc.edu.
Is there a place on your website where I can look up course equivalencies for my current school?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Go to www.dscc.edu and click on Admissions and Registration. Under the Quick Links , select Transfer Information. If your current school is not listed , check with the Office of Records about DSCC course equivalencies.
I'm trying to register for my classes online and it's saying that I have a hold on my account: to whom do I need to speak?
FAQ Answer: Included in the hold information is the office that set the hold. Please contact that office if you have questions about the hold. You may also contact the Office of Records office at 731-286-3350 if you have further questions.