Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- (-) Remove Athletics filter Athletics
- (-) Remove Business Office filter Business Office
- (-) Remove Continuing Education filter Continuing Education
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- (-) Remove LRC filter LRC
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- (-) Remove Registration filter Registration
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
Who do I talk to about scheduling an orientation date?
FAQ Answer: Please contact the Admissions Counselor at 731-286-3324.
Does DSCC offer any assistance with purchasing textbooks?
FAQ Answer: Yes, DSCC has a Book Voucher program for enrolled students whose financial aid is in excess of tuition and fees. A Book Voucher may be used in any DSCC Bookstore. To apply for a Book Voucher, complete the application available in your MyDSCC account.
How will I know if I have a Book Voucher?
FAQ Answer: Go to MyDSCC. View student account activity. The amount of the book voucher will be listed as either a VBKS Financial Aid Book Voucher or LBKS Loan Book Voucher. If you do not have access to a computer, you may contact the Business Office at 731-286-3310 for this information.
What information will I need to provide to purchase textbooks with a Book Voucher?
FAQ Answer: Take your class schedule and photo ID to any DSCC Bookstore for assistance purchasing required books/materials up to your Book Voucher amount.
What if I don't use all of my Book Voucher amount?
FAQ Answer: Any unused Book Voucher amount will be put back on your student account and any credit balance on your account will be refunded in a manner authorized by you.
Can I just walk on and be eligible for athletics?
FAQ Answer: No, you must meet certain academic criteria.
Is there a try out for baseball , softball or basketball?
FAQ Answer: Contact the head coach for each respective sport for information on try outs and how to get involved with a team. Men's Basketball: Alan Barnett 731-286-3259 Women's Basketball 731-288-7742 Baseball: Robert White 731-286-3252 Softball:George White 731-286-3274
Do you have any athletic scholarships available?
FAQ Answer: There have been cases where scholarships were available for walk-on athletes. The athlete must pass a proving period before they become entitled to any scholarships that might be available. Contact the Athletic Director at 731-286-3259.
When are athletic tryouts?
FAQ Answer: Contact the applicable head coach for try out dates. Basketball: Alan Barnett 731-286-3259 Women's Basketball: Rian Puckett 731-288-7742 Baseball: Robert White 731-286-3252 Softball: George White 731-286-3274. Each interested player must have a physical on file with the trainer before they can try out.
Do I need all my transcripts to be eligible for athletics?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Failure to submit all college and high school transcripts will prevent you from playing in any athletic sports.