Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- (-) Remove Athletics filter Athletics
- (-) Remove Business Office filter Business Office
- (-) Remove Continuing Education filter Continuing Education
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- (-) Remove LRC filter LRC
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- (-) Remove Registration filter Registration
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- (-) Remove Testing filter Testing
I need to make more print copies and I have run out of my allotted amount for the semester. Can I buy more? How much are they?
FAQ Answer: Yes, you may purchase more copies at the Business office, the Jimmy Naifeh Center or Gibson County Center at 10 cents per sheet.
Can I carry over my allotted amount of print copies if I do not use them all this semester? How about print copies that I paid for?
FAQ Answer: Copy totals begin anew each Fall semester. Any allotted or purchased copies that you have remaining after the Fall and Spring semesters can be carried over and added to the allotted amount of copies you have for that next semester. Your account is zeroed out at the end of the summer session and a fresh allotment is given for the next fall semester.
I dropped my classes before the first day of class. Why do I owe money?
FAQ Answer: Unless you dropped BEFORE the first day of the term, you will not be eligible for 100% refund of any payments made towards that term. Also, any refunds apply to tuition ONLY. All fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Do professionals teach the Continuing Education classes?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Though our instructors come from all walks of life , they are all experts in their fields.
Do you offer scholarships for parents who can't afford to pay for their children to participate in a Continuing Education children's program?
FAQ Answer: Yes , we do offer scholarships to all parents who cannot afford to pay the course fee for their children to attend the children's programs. Parents are asked to contact Mandy Fisher at 731.286.3265 or email@example.com for more information.
Are you penalized if you have to miss a Continuing Education class after you are enrolled?
FAQ Answer: No , you are not penalized. Most course instructors allow you to make-up work so that you can complete the course. There are exceptions to make-up work , however , such as the Motorcycle Rider Safety course.
Can EMTs and Paramedics get CEUs for refresher courses?
FAQ Answer: Yes , we issue certificates at the end of each course verifying CEUs (Continuing Education Units) earned. We can also issue transcripts listing the courses (with CEUs) they have taken during a certain time period.
Who do I call to get information on all the Continuing Education courses running in your department?
FAQ Answer: For all personal enrichment courses and children's programs , please contact Rebecca McCaslin at 731.286.3267 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For courses regarding professional development , please contact Mandy Fisher at 731.286.3265 or email@example.com.
Do you offer online Continuing Education classes?
FAQ Answer: Yes , we are contracted with various online institutes. We offer over 700 different online classes. For more information on all the online classes we offer , please go to https://www.dscc.edu/continuingeducation
Do you offer Continuing Education classes in Trenton and Covington?
FAQ Answer: We do offer courses at all three of our campuses.