Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- (-) Remove Athletics filter Athletics
- Business Office (22) Apply Business Office filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- (-) Remove Registration filter Registration
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
I did not receive a requested transcript. Who do I talk to?
FAQ Answer: If the transcript is for your personal use, you can print an unofficial copy by logging into MyDSCC and selecting Self Service Banner. If you have requested a transcript to be sent to another institution and the institution has not received it, please call the One Stop at 731-286-3350.
Can I take a class without receiving credit?
FAQ Answer: Yes , students wishing to audit a class may do so on a space available basis. An application for admission is required and fees are the same as for a credit class. Students may also change from credit to audit by the published deadline in the course schedule. Students under the age of 17 cannot audit a course without the permission of the academic dean offering the desired course.
What is MyDSCC?
FAQ Answer: MyDSCC is the student's gateway to online student services including registration for classes , fee payments , grades , class schedules , and much more. The system is available 24 hours a day , 7 days a week. Log on to www.dscc.edu and click the red MyDSCC button.
How do I log into MyDSCC account?
FAQ Answer: When you apply for admission , a letter containing your log in information will be mailed from the Office of Records to you. You need to safeguard this letter. To access MyDSCC , go to www.dscc.edu and click the large red My DSCC button. Once you log into MyDSCC , you can change your password but not your User name. Be sure to remember any changes you make.
What is my User ID and Password?
FAQ Answer: Your User ID and password were mailed to you after you applied for admission. If you have forgotten your User ID or password , please contact the help desk at 731 288 7780.
I'm having trouble with my computer: can you register me if I tell you the course number and give you my information?
FAQ Answer: No , because you need to have access to your information such as holds , financial aid and your fees. Please visit the Learning Resource Centers located at each DSCC center or any other location such as a public library where internet access is available.
How do I find out what classes are being offered this semester?
FAQ Answer: The most current class listing is available online at www.dscc.edu under the Registration section.
How do I register for a class?
FAQ Answer: You may register in the Advising Centers located at the main campus and the Gibson and Tipton County centers. The advising centers are open during the summer and between the fall and spring semesters. When you apply for admission/readmission , you will be assigned an advisor who can help you plan your schedule of classes and talk with you about your educational goals. If you have already applied for admission , contact the Office of Records at 731-286-3350 for your advisor's name and contact information.
I have registered for my classes: what do I do next?
FAQ Answer: If you are paying your fees or if you have received notification of a financial aid award , confirm your enrollment and pay any remaining fees by logging into MyDSCC and selecting Enrollment Confirmation/Payment of Fees.
How do I drop a class?
FAQ Answer: Classes can be dropped online until the deadline for withdrawing for the term at www.dscc.edu.