Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ Category

Is there a try out for baseball , softball or basketball?
FAQ Answer: Contact the head coach for each respective sport for information on try outs and how to get involved with a team. Men's Basketball: Alan Barnett 731-286-3259 Women's Basketball 731-288-7742 Baseball: Robert White 731-286-3252 Softball:George White 731-286-3274
Do you have any athletic scholarships available?
FAQ Answer: There have been cases where scholarships were available for walk-on athletes. The athlete must pass a proving period before they become entitled to any scholarships that might be available. Contact the Athletic Director at 731-286-3259.
When are athletic tryouts?
FAQ Answer: Contact the applicable head coach for try out dates. Basketball: Alan Barnett 731-286-3259 Women's Basketball: Rian Puckett 731-288-7742 Baseball: Robert White 731-286-3252 Softball: George White 731-286-3274. Each interested player must have a physical on file with the trainer before they can try out.
Do I need all my transcripts to be eligible for athletics?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Failure to submit all college and high school transcripts will prevent you from playing in any athletic sports.
Do I need an athletic release or waiver if I am coming from another college?
FAQ Answer: Yes , you need a release/waiver if you are coming from a 2 year member institution. A release/waiver is not necessary if you are coming from a 4 year institution.
How do I apply for Financial Aid?
FAQ Answer:
  • Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid online at  You must have a pin for yourself and a parent (if applicable) to sign the application electronically.  You can apply for a PIN at
How can I fill out the FAFSA online if I do not have a computer?
FAQ Answer:
  • Visit the One Stop Center Computer Lab.  Financial Aid Counselors are available to assist you with any questions.
I don't have a copy of my IRS Tax Transcript. How can I get one?
FAQ Answer:
  • You can request a transcript from IRS, free of charge, in one of three ways:


  • Go to
  • Look in "Tools" Section
  • Click "Order a Tax Return or Account Transcript"
  • In the Type of Transcript field, select “Return Transcript”
  • In the Tax Year field, select the tax year
  • Receive your tax transcript within 5 to 10 working days


  • Call IRS @ 1-800-908-9946
  • Follow instructions
  • Receive your tax transcript within 5 to 10 working days


Where is the Financial Aid Office located?
FAQ Answer:
  • The Financial Aid office in Dyersburg is located in the Student Center on the Dyersburg campus. You may reach this office at 731-286-3350.The Financial Aid Office in Covington is located in the Jimmy Naifeh Building on the JNC-Tipton County center. You may reach this office at 901-475-3100.
Have you received my FAFSA information yet?
FAQ Answer:
  • You can log into the MyDSCC Student Portal to see if the Financial Aid Office has received your FAFSA.  If you have not yet received your username and password from Admissions and Records, you can call the Financial Aid Office at 731-286-3350 to see if your FAFSA has been processed.  Once in the MyDSCC system you will need to follow these instructions:
    • Click on the Student Tab
    • Find the Financial Aid Requirements
    • Select the Aid Year you want to view
      • The Financial Aid Application will show as complete if we have received the FAFSA.
      • If additional documents are needed, the requirements will display as needed.