Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- (-) Remove Adult Education filter Adult Education
- (-) Remove Advising filter Advising
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- (-) Remove Internal Audit filter Internal Audit
- (-) Remove LRC filter LRC
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- (-) Remove Registration filter Registration
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- (-) Remove Services for Students with Disabilities filter Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
How do I find out the status of my application?
FAQ Answer: You can check the status of your admission application online at www.dscc.edu or you can call the One Stop at 731-286-3350.
I requested a catalog last week, but I still haven't received it, why?
FAQ Answer: DSCC does not publish a catalog. You can view the catalog and student handbook at www.dscc.edu.
Where is the Adult Education center located?
FAQ Answer: 115 King Avenue, Dyersburg, TN 38024 (next to The Laundry Basket).
Can I apply online for admission to the college?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Go to www.dscc.edu and click the Apply Now.
Can I still play athletics if I have attended another college?
FAQ Answer: Yes, if you get a transfer waiver or a release and you meet all the NJCAA rules.
Where can I can get help if I am failing a class.
FAQ Answer: Yes, tutoring is available at the Dyersburg Campus and at the Jimmy Naifeh Center in Tipton County through the Tutoring Center.
Is tutoring available at the Jimmy Naifeh Center in Covington?
FAQ Answer: Yes, tutoring is available at the Jimmy Naifeh Center. The Tutoring Center is located in Room 157 at the Jimmy Naifeh Building. For information
If I applied and got accepted last year and did not attend, do I still need to submit another application?
FAQ Answer: Yes.
I did not receive a requested transcript. Who do I talk to?
FAQ Answer: If the transcript is for your personal use, you can print an unofficial copy by logging into MyDSCC and selecting Self Service Banner. If you have requested a transcript to be sent to another institution and the institution has not received it, please call the One Stop at 731-286-3350.
What if I don't have any shot records? What do I do about the MMR requirement?
FAQ Answer: Tennessee law requires that each full-time student must provide proof of two doses of the MMR vaccine. If you graduated from a TN public high school in 1993 or later, the requirement will be met when we receive an official copy of your high school transcript. You may enroll in up to 11 hours without providing proof of MMR immunizations.