Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- (-) Remove Adult Education filter Adult Education
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- (-) Remove LRC filter LRC
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- (-) Remove Nursing filter Nursing
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- (-) Remove Registration filter Registration
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
How do I find out the status of my application?
FAQ Answer: You can check the status of your admission application online at www.dscc.edu or you can call the One Stop at 731-286-3350.
I requested a catalog last week, but I still haven't received it, why?
FAQ Answer: DSCC does not publish a catalog. You can view the catalog and student handbook at www.dscc.edu.
Where is the Adult Education center located?
FAQ Answer: 115 King Avenue, Dyersburg, TN 38024 (next to The Laundry Basket).
Can I apply online for admission to the college?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Go to www.dscc.edu and click the Apply Now.
Can I still play athletics if I have attended another college?
FAQ Answer: Yes, if you get a transfer waiver or a release and you meet all the NJCAA rules.
If I applied and got accepted last year and did not attend, do I still need to submit another application?
FAQ Answer: Yes.
I did not receive a requested transcript. Who do I talk to?
FAQ Answer: If the transcript is for your personal use, you can print an unofficial copy by logging into MyDSCC and selecting Self Service Banner. If you have requested a transcript to be sent to another institution and the institution has not received it, please call the One Stop at 731-286-3350.
What if I don't have any shot records? What do I do about the MMR requirement?
FAQ Answer: Tennessee law requires that each full-time student must provide proof of two doses of the MMR vaccine. If you graduated from a TN public high school in 1993 or later, the requirement will be met when we receive an official copy of your high school transcript. You may enroll in up to 11 hours without providing proof of MMR immunizations.
Do you need all of my transcripts, even if grades from one school are reflected on another?
FAQ Answer: Yes.
What do I need in order to be considered an in-state resident?
FAQ Answer: You need to be able to demonstrate that Tennessee is your true, fixed, permanent resident. Residents of Pemiscot and Dunklin counties in MO and Mississippi County in AR are considered in-state for fee-paying purposes. For questions related to residency, contact the Office of Admissions at 731-286-3350.