Frequently Asked Questions
- (-) Remove 06: Personnel filter 06: Personnel
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- (-) Remove Business Office filter Business Office
- (-) Remove Continuing Education filter Continuing Education
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- (-) Remove LRC filter LRC
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- (-) Remove Services for Students with Disabilities filter Services for Students with Disabilities
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
Can I find information regarding the Continuing Education courses on the DSCC website?
FAQ Answer: Yes , you can. Go to https://www.dscc.edu/continuingeducation and you will be able to page through our current brochure.
Do you have to apply for admission to the college to enroll in continuing education classes?
FAQ Answer: No , an application for admission to the college is not required to enroll in Continuing Education courses.
Can you set up courses to be delivered on-site at an industry or business?
FAQ Answer: We want to make it as convenient as possible for the employee to attend the courses. In order to do this , we work very closely with the business/industry partners to meet their needs as related to the delivery site.
Who can attend Continuing Education courses?
FAQ Answer: Everyone! From youth to senior citizens , Continuing Education courses cover a full range of ages , interests , and professionals.
What are contract classes?
FAQ Answer: Contract classes are courses developed to meet the needs of an individual industry , business or group. Please contact Mandy Fisher at 731.286.3265 or email@example.com for more information.
Does DSCC offer any assistance with purchasing textbooks?
FAQ Answer: Yes, DSCC has a Book Voucher program for enrolled students whose financial aid is in excess of tuition and fees. A Book Voucher may be used in any DSCC Bookstore. To apply for a Book Voucher, complete the application available in your MyDSCC account.
How will I know if I have a Book Voucher?
FAQ Answer: Go to MyDSCC. View student account activity. The amount of the book voucher will be listed as either a VBKS Financial Aid Book Voucher or LBKS Loan Book Voucher. If you do not have access to a computer, you may contact the Business Office at 731-286-3310 for this information.
What information will I need to provide to purchase textbooks with a Book Voucher?
FAQ Answer: Take your class schedule and photo ID to any DSCC Bookstore for assistance purchasing required books/materials up to your Book Voucher amount.
What if I don't use all of my Book Voucher amount?
FAQ Answer: Any unused Book Voucher amount will be put back on your student account and any credit balance on your account will be refunded in a manner authorized by you.
What if a student asks for accommodations in his or her classes?
When a student asks us to do so, the Office of Services for Students with Disabilities, provides reasonable accommodations such as readers, scribes, signed language interpreters, and assistive technology.
At no time does a student pay fees for reasonable accommodations. However, personal services such as personal care attendants, drivers, etc. or personal devices such as tape recorders, software, etc. which would need to be taken home are the responsibility of the student.