Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- (-) Remove Information filter Information
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- (-) Remove Student Financial Services filter Student Financial Services
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- (-) Remove Testing filter Testing
Is there a cost for taking the COMPASS?
FAQ Answer: There is no charge for taking the COMPASS the first time.
What is the score I have to have on the GED?
FAQ Answer: A minimum score of 410 must be achieved on each subject area and an overall battery average of 450.
How can I test out of the developmental courses?
FAQ Answer: Placement in developmental courses is based on results from the ACT or COMPASS.
What do I do to get into school after I take the COMPASS?
FAQ Answer: After the COMPASS is completed, the scores will be processed and explained.
How do I get my GED?
FAQ Answer: If it is your first time to take the GED, you must take the practice test administered by the Dyer County Literacy Program.
When will I get my GED test results? How long will it take?
FAQ Answer: The GED tests are sent off to a national service for scoring.
What is the cost of the GED?
FAQ Answer: The current cost of the GED is $65.00 for the full test.
Where is the Practice test given?
FAQ Answer: The practice test is administered at the Dyer County Literacy Program located in the Dyer County Adult Education Center at 115 King Ave., Dyersburg, TN 38024.
If I scored 410 on all of my tests, why did I not pass?
FAQ Answer: The average for all five subject area tests must be 450.
What is a purge date?
FAQ Answer: These are dates determined by DSCC administration when all unpaid classes will be dropped. The reason for purges is to make class seats available to others. To reserve your seat, you must make payment arrangements on or before the payment due date or at the time you register if you register after the payment due date.