Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- (-) Remove Adult Education filter Adult Education
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Business Office (22) Apply Business Office filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- (-) Remove Online Courses filter Online Courses
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- (-) Remove SBDC filter SBDC
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- (-) Remove Testing filter Testing
When will I get my GED test results? How long will it take?
FAQ Answer: The GED tests are sent off to a national service for scoring.
What is the cost of the GED?
FAQ Answer: The current cost of the GED is $65.00 for the full test.
Where is the Practice test given?
FAQ Answer: The practice test is administered at the Dyer County Literacy Program located in the Dyer County Adult Education Center at 115 King Ave., Dyersburg, TN 38024.
If I scored 410 on all of my tests, why did I not pass?
FAQ Answer: The average for all five subject area tests must be 450.
How much does it cost to take the GED?
FAQ Answer: $65.00.
How much do adult education classes cost?
FAQ Answer: Adult education classes are free.
How old must a student be to attend Adult Education classes?
FAQ Answer: 18
Where do I take the GED or HiSET test?
FAQ Answer: DSCC offers the GED or HiSET each month at the Dyersburg Campus: call 731.286.3232 for scheduling information. Additionally , the test is offered at UT Martin.
Where do I register my vehicle?
FAQ Answer: Students register their vehicles in the LRC. You must have your vehicle license number in order to register a vehicles. Students who need a temporary parking pass , please see Angie Cole in room 122 in the Student Center.
Do students get the same information and content in an Internet course as they would in an on-campus course?
FAQ Answer: The education you receive from an online class is the same: however, due to the nature of online learning you may experience the course in a format that best transmits the learning experience through online media.