Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- (-) Remove Athletics filter Athletics
- Business Office (22) Apply Business Office filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- (-) Remove Testing filter Testing
What do I need to do to apply for admission to your school?
FAQ Answer: Admission requirements vary according to your most recent educational experience. All students will need to apply, provide transcripts, ACT or COMPASS scores, and immunization information.
Where do I register my vehicle?
FAQ Answer: Students register their vehicles in the LRC. You must have your vehicle license number in order to register a vehicles. Students who need a temporary parking pass , please see Angie Cole in room 122 in the Student Center.
Where can I take the PRAXIS?
FAQ Answer: The computer-based PRAXIS is offered at the University of Memphis , and the University of Tennessee at Martin. The paper-based PRAXIS is offered at Lane College and Union University in Jackson and the University of Tennessee at Martin. Check www.ets.org for dates and registration information.
Can I take the PRAXIS at DSCC?
FAQ Answer: No. However , the computer-based PRAXIS is offered at Lambuth University in Jackson and by the University of Tennessee at Martin. The paper-based PRAXIS is offered at Lane College and Union University in Jackson and at the University of Tennessee at Martin. Check www.ets.org for dates and registration information.
Can I get a duplicate diploma? How much is the cost?
FAQ Answer: The student completes a form that is sent to the State GED Office in Nashville. There is no cost for a duplicate diploma.
When can I retest if I didn't pass my GED?
FAQ Answer: There is a 30 day waiting period before you can take the GED test again.
When do I get my GED diploma?
FAQ Answer: The State GED Office in Nashville issues the GED diplomas. It typically takes 6-8 weeks after the student receives their score transcript in the mail.
Can I just walk on and be eligible for athletics?
FAQ Answer: No, you must meet certain academic criteria.
Is there a try out for baseball , softball or basketball?
FAQ Answer: Contact the head coach for each respective sport for information on try outs and how to get involved with a team. Men's Basketball: Alan Barnett 731-286-3259 Women's Basketball 731-288-7742 Baseball: Robert White 731-286-3252 Softball:George White 731-286-3274
Do you have any athletic scholarships available?
FAQ Answer: There have been cases where scholarships were available for walk-on athletes. The athlete must pass a proving period before they become entitled to any scholarships that might be available. Contact the Athletic Director at 731-286-3259.