Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- (-) Remove Athletics filter Athletics
- Business Office (22) Apply Business Office filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- (-) Remove Testing filter Testing
Is there a try out for baseball , softball or basketball?
FAQ Answer: Contact the head coach for each respective sport for information on try outs and how to get involved with a team. Men's Basketball: Alan Barnett 731-286-3259 Women's Basketball 731-288-7742 Baseball: Robert White 731-286-3252 Softball:George White 731-286-3274
Do you have any athletic scholarships available?
FAQ Answer: There have been cases where scholarships were available for walk-on athletes. The athlete must pass a proving period before they become entitled to any scholarships that might be available. Contact the Athletic Director at 731-286-3259.
When are athletic tryouts?
FAQ Answer: Contact the applicable head coach for try out dates. Basketball: Alan Barnett 731-286-3259 Women's Basketball: Rian Puckett 731-288-7742 Baseball: Robert White 731-286-3252 Softball: George White 731-286-3274. Each interested player must have a physical on file with the trainer before they can try out.
Do I need all my transcripts to be eligible for athletics?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Failure to submit all college and high school transcripts will prevent you from playing in any athletic sports.
Do I need an athletic release or waiver if I am coming from another college?
FAQ Answer: Yes , you need a release/waiver if you are coming from a 2 year member institution. A release/waiver is not necessary if you are coming from a 4 year institution.
Can I retest in the COMPASS or ACT? When?
FAQ Answer: Yes, you may retest the COMPASS or ACT; however, there is a waiting period of 60 days for the ACT and 90 days for the COMPASS before you can retake the test.
- « first
- ‹ previous