Graduating High School Seniors may apply for the Tennessee Promise scholarship, which will provide two years of tuition-free attendance at a community or technical college in Tennessee.
Initial Applications are due by November 1. (This should be completed while still a senior in high school.)
Get started now using the TN Promise Student Checklist.
- File the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by January 15 at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa.
- Attend meetings. You are required to attend the first mandatory meeting coordinated by tnAchieves, REDI or the Ayers Foundation, the second meeting is optional but strongly encouraged.
- You will need to complete 8 hours of community service for each semester you receive Tennessee Promise funding, including the summer before you begin college. Check with tnAchieves, REDI or the Ayers Foundation for community service options. Complete hours for Fall semester before July 1 each year and for Spring semester before December 1 each year.
- Apply to Dyersburg State Community College and submit official ACT scores and an official final high school transcript http://www.dscc.edu/admissions/how to apply
- Meet with an advisor and register for Fall semester classes after April 1. Call a DSCC One Stop to make an appointment with your advisor 731-286-3350, or make an appointment online.
- If you are notified that your application for financial aid has been selected for Financial Aid Verification, submit all requested documents as soon as possible. This may include a tax transcript that must be ordered from the IRS and can take a week or more to receive.
- Attend a DSCC Orientation session during the summer.
Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the school once your enrollment is confirmed.