Ready to reconnect? Get started now!
Whether you’re ready to return to college or starting for the first time, we’ve got you covered, tuition-free! Click here to complete an application and become a Dyersburg State Eagle!
Tennessee Reconnect EVENTS:
Get help completing the 2022-2023 FAFSA and TN Reconnect application!
November 4, 2021 | 1:00-6:00 pm | Jimmy Naifeh Center, Covington, Room 141
November 16, 2021 | 1:00-6:00 pm | Gibson County Center, LRC
November 18, 2021 | 1:00-6:00 pm | Dyersburg campus, LRC Room 134
January 25, 2022 | 1:00-6:00 pm | Gibson County Center, LRC
January 27, 2022 | 1:00-6:00 pm | Jimmy Naifeh Center, Covington, Room 141
January 27, 2022 | 1:00-6:00 pm | Dyersburg campus, LRC Room 134
What is Tennessee Reconnect?
Tennessee Reconnect is an initiative to help adults enter higher education so that they may gain new skills, advance in the workplace, and fulfill lifelong dreams of completing a degree or credential.
What are the eligibility requirements?
In order to receive the Tennessee Reconnect Scholarship, students must:
- Meet DSCC admissions requirements.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa. DSCC’s federal school code is 006835. The sooner you fill out the FAFSA, the better!
- Enroll in at least 6 credit hours per semester.
- Be classified as an independent student (see FAFSA criteria).
- Not have earned an associate degree or higher. Students who have earned only a certificate from an accredited institution are eligible for the TN Reconnect grant.
- Be a Tennessee resident for at least one year before completing the FAFSA.
- Not be in default on a federal or state loan or owe a refund of federal or state financial aid. Contact the DSCC Financial Aid Office at 731-286-3350 for assistance if this applies to you.
- Complete the Tennessee Reconnect application on the TSAC website: https://clipslink.tsac.tn.gov/studentsignon/. If the website shows you already have an account, but you do not know the username and password please call the TSAC help line at 1-800-342-1663.
wHAT DOES TN RECONNECT COVER?
TN Reconnect covers tuition and mandatory fees. TN Reconnect does not cover books, online fees, or other non-mandatory fees. The TN Reconnect covered fees are listed here.
Why Dyersburg State?
Convenient Online & Night Classes - One-on-One Instruction - Affordable Tuition - 99% Job Placement Rate - Close to Home - Deferred Payment Plan
Whether you're needing to finish a degree or are starting college for the first time, contact Academic Success Coach, Erin Newsom, and get started today!
Visit the TN Reconnect website.
Do you need to take a semester off?
If a student cannot enroll in school for a semester due to extenuating circumstances, then the student will need to request a leave of absence. The IRP (Institutional Review Panel) will review the request, like an appeal, and approve or deny the leave of absence. Allowable reasons may include, but are not limited to,
- Illness of recipient, illness or death of immediate family member, extreme financial hardship of the student or student’s immediate family, to fulfill a religious commitment encouraged of members of that faith, or other extraordinary circumstances beyond the student’s control.
- Members of the United States National Guard or Armed Forces Reserves required to attend initial active duty training or mobilized shall be granted a leave of absence. Such student must provide the appropriate office with a copy of the military orders and complete a leave of absence request form.
- If a student’s leave of absence is denied, the student may appeal and seek relief from the TSAC Appeals Panel.
Requests for a leave of absence need to be submitted by the appeal priority date of July 1 for fall, December 1 for spring, and May 1 for summer semesters. To complete a leave of absence request, complete the TN Reconnect appeal form.