DSCC is pleased to provide students over the age of 18 with access to WellVia, a national network of Board Certified, State Licensed doctors offering medical and behavioral consultations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your spouse and/or children are afforded the same coverage. Please know that these services are available to you for your non-emergent health care and mental wellbeing needs. Consultations for healthcare are a flat fee of $40 per consultation.
*Note: WellVIa services are not available for DSCC Dual Enrollment students.
WellVia doctors diagnose acute non-emergent medical conditions and prescribe medications when clinically appropriate for an individual and their dependents, including a spouse and/or children. Students will be able to speak to a doctor from anywhere – home – work at any time!
While testing for COVID-19 must be done in person, WellVia can help with symptom management and, for non-emergent issues, seeing a physician though telehealth instead of an office visit reduces the potential risk of becoming exposed and infected which could potentially reduce the spread of disease throughout the community.
Access this service by visiting www.mywellvia.com/dyersburgstatecc or downloading the WellVia app (request a doctor visit, add dependents, manage your medical history, find prescription coupons, and much more)
Step 1: Request a consult.
Patients, regardless of any pre-existing conditions can request a consultation 24/7/365, by accessing their online account or calling WellVia’s Patient Care Center at 1-855-WellVia.
Step 2: Speak with a doctor.
WellVia’s bilingual, board-certified doctors will contact you within minutes of scheduling your consultation. Your consultation and health information is always secure.
Step 3: Pick up your prescription.
When your doctor believes a prescription is necessary, they will send your prescription to the pharmacy of your choice following your consultation. WellVia’s free prescription savings card saves you money on all of your prescriptions – even your everyday prescriptions not provided by WellVia doctors!
Acid Reflux, Cold & Flu, Sore throat, Allergies, Sinus Infections, Urinary Tract Infections, Asthma, Nausea, Upper Respiratory, Bronchitis, Rashes, and more...
Stress Management, Life Changes, Trauma & PTSD, Child & Adolescent Issues, Relationship Issues, Depression, Men's / Women's Issues, Parenting, Eating Disorders, Panic Disorders, Postpartum, Depression, and more...
WellVia’s Mission to help fight the COVID-19 Pandemic:
- WellVia is committed to you and your family’s health during these trying times.
- Our Doctors are available 24/7 by phone or video to provide support and help triage members from the comfort of their own homes thereby avoiding populated areas that could be infectious.
- Although the actual testing for the COVID-19 virus requires a physical visit to a health care providers office, our staff of Board-Certified Physicians may be able to help assess your symptoms and possibly treat some symptoms via known remedies.
- The CDC advises all individuals who have fever, cough and shortness of breath, to follow public health department protocols. Be mindful, if you do need to be seen for suspected COVID-19, please call ahead to the facility so they can put measures in place to decrease the spread of the virus.
How can WellVia help during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Maximizing the use of WellVia’s telemedicine offering can potentially save lives by keeping people out of doctors’ offices and the ER during this highly volatile phase of the pandemic.
- Allowing patients to be treated by board-certified physicians for non-emergent issues from the safety and comfort of their own home, reduces their risk of becoming infected and could potentially reduce the spread of disease throughout the community.
The utilization of telemedicine for the treatment of non-emergent conditions will reduce pressure on the United States healthcare system. We believe leveraging telemedicine will become vital over the next few months as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to materialize.