Study Abroad at DSCC
DSCC is a member of the Tennessee Consortium for International Studies (TnCIS) which represents nineteen colleges and universities devoted to making international education and cultural understanding a central goal of higher education throughout the state of Tennessee.
DSCC and the Tennessee Consortium for International Studies (TnCIS) are looking ahead to summer 2024. Take a course that is part of your program of study, and experience the culture and majesty of a foreign location. Apply for scholarships to help cover the cost of TnCIS study abroad, plus financial aid may be available if you are otherwise eligible for federal or state aid programs.
- Explore summer programs and course options at tncis.org. All program pages include explorations abroad.
- Request a virtual advising appointment with a TnCIS staff member to learn how to apply and additional funding opprotunities.
- Complete the DSCC Study Abroad Scholarship Application by December 1.
- Apply to a program and course with TnCIS.
- If selected, travel the summer between your first and second years at DSCC.
- Finally, serve as a DSCC Eagle International Studies Ambassador to represent the college in an official capacity to promote TnCIS and international education events.
For more information, contact the Assistant Dean of Student Services, Ms. Julie Griggs. (731-286-3359 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
As TnCIS and DSCC welcome students to plan for summer programs, our goal will be to provide the safest learning environment possible. TnCIS will monitor travel recommendations continuously during the application season. Adjustments up to and including cancelation may be necessary. Decisions will be communicated to applicants as early as possible. TnCIS recommends participants be current on vaccinations and boosters due to the ever-changing policies of the travel locations and reserves the right to require vaccinations based on the entry policies for the program countries. Visit the COVID 19 FAQs on the TnCIS webpage (www.tncis.org) for the latest information.