TnCIS at DSCC
The Tennessee Consortium for International Studies (TnCIS) represents nineteen colleges and universities devoted to making international education and cultural understanding a central goal of higher education throughout the state of Tennessee.
A note about COVID-19: As TnCIS and DSCC welcome students to plan for programs in summer 2023, our goal will be to provide the safest learning environment possible during the COVID-19 pandemic. TnCIS will monitor travel recommendations continuously during the application season. Adjustments up to and including cancelation may be necessary. Decisions will be communicated to applicants as early as possible.TnCIS recommends participants be current on vaccinations and boosters due to the ever-changing policies of the program locations and reserves the right to require vaccinations based on the entry policies for the program countries. Visit the COVID 19 FAQs on the TnCIS webpage (www.tncis.org) for the latest information.
DSCC and the Tennessee Consortium for International Studies (TnCIS) are looking ahead to 2023. Take a course that is part of your program of study, and experience the culture and majesty of a foreign location this summer. Watch your MyDSCC email for more information, and a chance to apply for scholarships to help cover the cost of TnCIS study abroad. Plus financial aid may be available if you are otherwise eligible for federal or state aid programs
In the fall semester, apply for a DSCC scholarship to help fund your experience following the application process below.
- Explore programs and course options at tncis.org. All program pages include explorations abroad.
- Request a virtual advising appointment with a TnCIS staff member to learn how to apply, courses available, and funding opprotunities.
- Complete the DSCC Study Abroad Scholarship Application due December 1.
- Apply to a program and course of interest with TnCIS, and review other scholarship opportunities offered by TnCIS.
- Travel the summer between your first and second years at DSCC.
- Finally, serve as a International Studies Ambassador to represent the college in an official capacity to promote TnCIS and international studies events.
For more information, contact Office of Student Services at 731-286-3240 or firstname.lastname@example.org.