Welcome to Dyersburg State Community College!

Military Transition Grant and Helpful Resources

As a currently enrolled veteran or military affiliated student, you may be eligible for emergency funds to assist you during a period of financial hardship. Use the application below, to apply. If you have questions about eligibility and the application process, please contact Jim Beel at jbeel@dscc.edu or Sarah Twaddle at stwaddle@dscc.edu.

Department of Veterans Affairs 1-888-GIBILL1 (1-888-442-4551)
This number is valid nationwide, and will connect you to the nearest regional office for that state.  This number is for VA educational claims only. You may inquire about general benefits, launch inquiries on missing paperwork, inquire about home loans, or seek additional information on medical benefits at 1-800-827-1000.

Department of Veterans Affairs 
Department of Veterans Affairs – GI Bill®

Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 Press 1
To chat- VeteransCrisisLine.net
To text- 838255

Department of Education – Office of Post Secondary Education 

Visit the National Resource Directory through the VA website or National Resource Directory on Facebook


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).