Ready to reconnect? Get started now!
Whether you’re ready to return to college or starting for the first time, we’ve got you covered, tuition-free! Pathway to Success
Dyersburg State hosts several Tennessee Reconnect events at each of our locations throughout the year. Check back often to see when a TN Reconnect event is happening near you!
Tennessee Reconnect EVENTS:
- July 23, 5:30-7:30 p.m., TN Reconnect New Adult Student Orientation, Dyersburg Campus, Learning Resource Center, Sells Family Lobby
- July 25, 5:30-7:30 p.m., TN Reconnect New Adult Student Orientation, Jimmy Naifeh Center at Tipton County, Learning Resource Center, Ripley Power & Light Company Lobby
- July 30, 1:00-7:00 p.m., TN Reconnect Information Session, Dyersburg Campus, Student Center
- Aug. 13, 5:30-7:30 p.m., TN Reconnect New Adult Student Orientation, Dyersburg Campus, Learning Resource Center, Sells Family Lobby
- Aug. 19, 5:30-7:30 p.m., TN Reconnect New Adult Student Orientation, Gibson County Center
- Aug. 20, 5:30-7:30 p.m., TN Reconnect New Adult Student Orientation, Jimmy Naifeh Center at Tipton County, Learning Resource Center, Ripley Power & Light Company Lobby
What is Tennessee Reconnect?
Tennessee Reconnect is an initiative to help adults enter higher education so that they may gain new skills, advance in the workplace, and fulfill lifelong dreams of completing a degree or credential.
The Tennessee Reconnect grant is a last-dollar scholarship that will allow all Tennessee adults, who qualify, to attend an eligible institution free of tuition and mandatory fees. In the Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 semesters, Dyersburg State awarded $941,916.49 in TN Reconnect scholarships to eligible students.
What are the eligibility requirements?
In order to receive the Tennessee Reconnect Scholarship, students must:
- Meet DSCC admissions requirements.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at https://fafsa.ed.gov. DSCC’s federal school code is 006835. The sooner you fill out the FAFSA, the better!
- Enroll in at least 6 credit hours per semester.
- Be classified as an independent student (see FAFSA criteria).
- Not have earned an associates degree or higher. Students who have earned only a certificate from an accredited institution are eligible for the TN Reconnect grant.
- Be a Tennessee resident for at least one year before completing the FAFSA.
- Not be in default on a federal or state loan or owe a refund of federal or state financial aid. Contact the DSCC Financial Aid Office at 731-286-3350 for assistance if this applies to you.
- Be registered for selective service if applicable.
- Complete the Tennessee Reconnect application on the TSAC website: https://www.tn.gov/collegepays/tsac-student-portal.html. If the website shows you already have an account, but you do not know the username and password please call the TSAC help line at 1-800-342-1663.
Why Dyersburg State?
At Dyersburg State, we know that working, providing for your family and other household responsibilities are a reality for most adult learners. Going back to school to earn your degree or certificate may seem overwhelming or financially impossible - that's why we have a dedicated staff in place to help you figure out the steps to take and make it easier from start to finish.
Convenient Online & Night Classes - One-on-One Personal Instruction - Affordable Tuition - 98% Job Placement Rate - Close to Home - Deferred Payment Plan
Whether you're needing to finish a degree or are starting college for the first time, contact Adult Student Coordinator Rebecca Reeves and get started today!
Visit the TN Reconnect website.